Senior-Applications DeveloperSystems & Solutions Architect Job ID: 2230258 United States Apply Now
Senior Application Developer
At DIRECTV, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
Overall Purpose: Responsible for the performance of any/all functions involved in the development and/or maintenance of new or existing applications.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Using programming language and technology, writes code, completes programming and documentation, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Job Contribution: Seasoned technical professional. Contributes through proven technical expertise. Has significant dept/functional impact.
KNOWLEDGE Subject Matter Expert (SME) within own discipline/specialty area; basic knowledge of other disciplines/specialty areas. Deep technical knowledge. Applies in depth knowledge of discipline/specialty area standards/processes. Integrates industry experience and deep professional/technical knowledge. Technical leader and recognized expert SME on select DirecTV technologies/systems/procedures.
ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING Solves unique problems through evaluative judgment/precedent. Independently applies sophisticated analysis in evaluating issues. Develops new concepts/methods/techniques for cross functional initiatives. Recognizes/pursues alternative methods.
INDEPENDENCE Guided by department goals/objectives. Exercises latitude in determining objectives/approaches to projects. Leads multiple small to medium sized projects and technical breadth.
CONTRIBUTION TO DirecTV TECHNOLOGY Key contributor on complex projects/initiatives. Impacts current and future business opportunities through application of specialized technical/ industry knowledge. Develops methods/techniques based on strategic project objectives.
COMMUNICATION Mentors and provides technical guidance and explains advanced concepts to others in work area. May mentor others in department. Coordinates across multiple departments. Promotes active listening and open communication. Provides leadership/guidance to others.
Technical Career Pathway (TCP) role. Entry into this title may require TCP Governance Board Review.
Service Now experience:
- Discovery Source
- CMBD Configuration
- CI Management
- Order Management module
- TSM module
- AWS integration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5-8 years experience in developing software applications including: analysis, design, coding, testing, deploying and supporting of applications.
- Understand API design/development, Web Services design/development (REST, SOA, etc.)
- Proficient in application/software architecture (Definition, Business Process Modeling, etc.)
- Understand application/software development and design.
- Proficient in application/software testing (Unit, Integration, System, Case Planning, Design and Execution).
- Understand Change Control Methodology.
- Proficient in Development Methodologies (AGILE, ITUP, 3D, etc.)
- Knowledge in protocols (network, software).
- Understand Development Tools (Rational Tools, Agile Tools, simulation tools, etc.)
- Proficient in internet technologies/programming (WSDLS, HTML, DHTML, XHML, XML, .NET, Active X, SSL, HTTP, Weblogic, Websphere, etc.).
- Understand operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows).
- Understanding of project management process
- DirecTV will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here for additional information.
Our Senior Application Developer can earn between $105,000 - $210,100. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job Posting: Jun 10, 2022, 6:28:36 PM
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager Remote: Yes