Specialist, Broadcast Technical Services EngineerTechnology Job ID: 2166345 Tucson, Arizona, New Hampshire-NEW HAMPTON, United States, Washington-YAKIMA Apply Now
This position is located in New Hampton, NH, Tucson, AZ, Yakima, WA or Oakdale, MN. Relocation provided.
DIRECTV- is more than entertainment – we are a technology company. Our Technical Services Department is seeking a Specialist level technician to work at one of our Uplink Facilities!
Within the first 6 months, you will be working toward mastering the core competencies of our technicians. You will work closely with the Technical Operations Center to identify problems in specific markets/channels and restore the broadcast. Our customer satisfaction relies on keeping programming on-air and this can’t be done without you.
Our environment offers the best of both worlds – we are a strong team and rely on each other, but much of the work is performed independently.
- Ensure consistent, high quality digital television signal transports and satellite transmissions.
- Installation, diagnosis and maintenance of critical on-air video, audio, RF, baseband, signal processing, transport and transmission equipment. This responsibility includes DIRECTV’s Mpeg 2 and Mpeg 4 Broadcast transmissions streams and all associated Local Collection Facilities, Broadcast Centers, Ground station Equipment, and associated Monitor and Control hardware.
- Configure and troubleshoot a variety of television broadcast, transport, and transmission equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on various subsystems.
- Summarize and Present Technical information in both verbal and written form
- Assist in project research, design, planning, implementation, procedure documentation and training.
- Training and development of new employees
- Develop a base knowledge of site facility systems and assist with emergency building system repairs as needed.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
• Must have a valid state driver’s license with no restrictions.
• All candidates must be willing to carry a company provided on-call phone, participate in a cyclic on-call rotation, and must reside less than 45 minute drive time from the main uplink facility.
• Must have a negative pre-employment drug test.
• Criminal and MVR background must meet company hiring criteria.
• The uplink facility is a 24x7 facility and requires the ability to work various shifts, including holidays and overtime as necessary to support the on-air mission.
• Minimal travel via commercial airline required on occasion (<25% travel)
- Associates degree, certificate or equivalent military training in electronics and/or related systems is preferred.
- 3-5 years of field experience in Satellite Communications and video compression systems.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Physical requirements:
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to climb external antenna system ladders and work at heights up to 30 ft.
- Dexterity to work in confined spaces down to 16 cubic ft.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Associates degree, certificate or equivalent military experience with electronics, communication, television broadcast or Earth Station processes and equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge in either RF Ground Station Antenna systems or MPEG Video Compression systems.
- Previous experience with VMWare, V-Sphere, v-Center Virtualized environments or willingness to learn.
Job Posting: Nov 19, 2021, 5:14:38 PM
Other Locations: New Hampshire-NEW HAMPTON, United States, Washington-YAKIMA
Job Level: Associate/First Level Manager