Principal Software EngineerEngineering Job ID: 28 Toronto, Ontario Apply Now
At DIRECTV, we’re launching a technology experience that will blow your mind! This shouldn’t come as a surprise – we’re known for delivering some of the best tech and entertainment around. Now, we’re embarking on a new journey – fingers crossed you’re along for the ride. We’ve launched as a brand new company and are introducing the world to some of the best-in-class television and video streaming products. With your innovative spirit and our proven track record for success, we won’t just create an industry-leading streaming platform – we’ll deliver the world’s best entertainment experience to millions.
At DIRECTV we're connecting the world with the coolest tech and entertainment. Our people are empowered and thrive in a culture of learning, diversity and collaboration. Our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our innovation is driven by an inclusive and collaborative environment where your voice is heard, and opportunities are limitless. Ready to explore our opportunities?
Do you have what it takes?
- You’re self-motivated and have a passion for learning
- You’re open to working fully remote and can work autonomously
- You like the idea of making changes that improve the speed, robustness and reliability of systems used across our organization to develop a product used by millions of customers
- You succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with a “everything has a solution” mindset and a fearless “go-getter” attitude
- You communicate effectively across all levels of our organization
- Lead developer, solution architect and data scientist to develop ADE utilizing Pega platform.
- The role would gather requirements for each project and examine existing system to determine best application design to meet project objectives.
- Create and document application design specifications for consumption by interfacing systems and application development team.
- Collaborate with others and influence them to drive optimal design (cost effective, eliminate/prevent technical debt, easily maintainable, and high performing).
- Support Development team that is implementing design provided.
Required Skills, Experience and Certifications:
- 10+ Years of Pega Experience preferably with version 8.X
- Certified Lead System Architecture (LSA)
- Certified Decisioning Consultant
- Experience in the relevant to CDH and NBA projects.
Act as an Active Decisioning Engineer by providing agents with the ability to target offers or other treatments to customer segments for DIRECTV. The Active Decisioning Projects will strategize and use real time customer information to drive relevant and contextual decisions, ensuring customers are targeted with relevant offers/treatments and to enhance the ability to determine their effectiveness. ADE is built on the PEGA platform. ADE also has a Self-Service Portal (SSP) for business to make changes directly in production as needed.
At DTV this role may result in clarifications to the developers or based on feedback from developer around technical or application limitations, design may need to evolve. Will be responsible to immediately post release of a project support standard post release validation to ensure project is functioning as expected/designed. As situations occur, such as on call or other critical/non-critical production incident, engage with support teams to determine if project is working as designed or if a design/implementation gap is contributing to or cause of the production incident. In such case, work to provide solutions to rectify production incident. Review, design and provide insight into data modeling and best practices.
We’re looking for a forward-thinking, innovative, and talented senior systems engineer to join the Messaging Platform Engineering team. This position will work in an agile organization working on platform used to power DIRECTV Stream and DIRECTV Beam. These platforms support services, data processing, video processing, and advertising flows that make television work. You’ll be working on a high-visibility, fast paced team to work with other cross-functional business teams to help implement high quality solutions and deliver value to our customers.
Our Principal Software Engineer can earn between $127,100 - $254,300. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here for additional information.