Professional-System EngineerCorporate Job ID: 2204465 St Louis, Missouri Apply Now
Responsible for translating business needs into technical solutions, and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology. Designs, develops, documents and analyzes overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software. Determines integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs. Coordinates design and integration of total system including subsystems. Researches and recommends technology to improve the current systems.
Nature of Contribution - Fully functioning technical professional. Develops new concepts, methods and techniques.
Knowledge - Subject matter expert within own discipline/ specialty area. Applies specialized knowledge of discipline/specialty area standards and processes to work. Integrates company experience and deep technical knowledge and has advanced understanding of select DIRECTV technologies, systems and/or procedures.
Analysis and Problem Solving - Solves non-routine problems based on analysis of multiple factors. Independently identifies key issues, patterns or deviations from norm. Works on problems requiring judgment and in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Analyzes and interprets research to evaluate and recommend solutions.
Independence - Guided by team goals and operational objectives. Applies judgment to determine appropriate processes and technical area standards to use and provides technical direction to others in own work area.
Contribution to DIRECTV Technology - Key contributor on diverse projects of moderate scope. Recommends new procedures and processes to drive desired results.
Communication - Explains advanced technical information to less experienced team members. Provides specialized technical guidance to others in work area. Builds productive internal/external relationships and collaborates with others in own team or across teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- 3-5 years related technical architect experience
- Understands access & transport technologies (FTTx, xDSL, optical, aggregation, RAS, OTN, DWDM, etc.)
- Proficient in data communications protocols (TCP/IP, v4/v6, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, GMPLS, etc.)
- Knowledge in home and premise networking architectures & technologies
- Well-versed in security (encryption, certificates, firewalls, VPNs, etc.)
- Proficient in system performance measurements, troubleshooting, support, monitoring and optimization.
- Knowledge in network and system architecture (Subsystems, interfaces, hw/sw dependencies).
- Proficient in Network Management, Tools and Protocols (Configuration, IP Network Address Management, Performance Management).
- Enterprise wide deployment planning and support for mission critical applications for major releases, both business and infrastructure related
- Develop technical documentation on applications and systems
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
Job Posting: Jan 13, 2022, 11:16:24 AM
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager