Specialist, Broadcast Technical Services EngineerTech Project/Program Management Job ID: 2224930 Oakdale, Minnesota Apply Now
Specialist, Broadcast Technical Services Engineer
(This position is located in Oakdale, MN. Relocation is provided.)
At DIRECTV, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media, and technology to transform our company and your career.
DIRECTV Broadcast Operations is looking for a Broadcast Technical Services Engineer with broad technical experience in video distribution and satellite uplink systems to join our team. Within the first 6 months, you will be working toward mastering the core competencies of our geographically diverse distribution network serving over 2000+ linear channels to our customers. You will work closely with the Technical Operations Center to identify and correct problems in specific markets/channels and restore the broadcast services. Our customer satisfaction relies on the reliability of our on-air services and this can’t be done without you!
Our environment offers the best of both worlds – we are a strong team and rely on each other, but much of the work is performed independently.
- Ensure consistent, high quality digital television signal transports and satellite transmissions.
- Installation, diagnosis and maintenance of critical on-air video, audio, RF, baseband, signal processing, transport and transmission equipment. This responsibility includes DirecTV’s Mpeg 2 and Mpeg 4 Broadcast transmissions streams and all associated Local Collection Facilities, Broadcast Centers, Ground station Equipment, and associated Monitor and Control hardware.
- Configure and troubleshoot a variety of television broadcast, transport, and transmission equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on various subsystems.
- Summarize and Present Technical information in both verbal and written form
- Assist in project research, design, planning, implementation, procedure documentation and training.
- Training and development of new employees
- Develop a base knowledge of site facility systems and assist with emergency building system repairs as needed.
• Must have a valid state driver’s license with no restrictions.
• All candidates must be willing to carry a company provided on-call phone, participate in a cyclic on-call rotation, and must reside within a 45 minute drive radius of the main uplink facility.
• Must have a negative pre-employment drug test.
• Criminal and MVR background must meet company hiring criteria.
• The uplink facility is a 24x7 facility and requires the ability to work various shifts, including holidays and overtime as necessary to support the on-air mission.
• Minimal travel via commercial airline required on occasion (<25% travel)
- Associates degree, certificate or equivalent military training in electronics and/or related systems is preferred.
- 2-5 years of field experience in Satellite Communications and video compression systems.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Physical requirements:
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to climb external antenna system ladders and work at heights up to 30 ft.
- Dexterity to work in confined spaces down to 16 cubic ft.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Associates degree, certificate or equivalent military experience with electronics, communication, television broadcast or Earth Station processes and equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge in either RF Ground Station Antenna systems or MPEG Video Compression systems.
- Previous experience with VMWare, V-Sphere, v-Center Virtualized environments or willingness to learn.
This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Clickherefor additional information.
Our Broadcast Technical Services Engineer can earn between $52,600 to $105,100. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Engineering, IT Engineering, Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working within technical advertising environment
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working within system administration
- Be able to cover any shift spanning the 24/7 environment, including weekends, holidays, overtime and on-call rotation.
- All candidates must possess a valid ID and successfully pass a drug test and background check
This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here for additional information.
Job Posting: May 20, 2022, 9:47:58 PM
Job Level: Associate/First Level Manager Remote: no