Sr Specialist-Tech Service MgmtTechnology Job ID: 2153933 Los Angeles, California Apply Now
DIRECTV - Technical Operations – Sr. Specialist Technical Services Management
DIRECTV is changing the way the world experiences entertainment. We’re delivering cutting edge products and services that redefine the future. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we’re revolutionizing the way our customers access content anytime, anywhere. With premier video services like DIRECTV, our industry leading team, is at the forefront of making it all happen. Together, we’re creating the best entertainment and communications experience in the world.
DIRECTV is looking for a talented, highly motivated, self-driven individual with technical experience in large-scale video distribution to join our service operations team as a Sr. Specialist. You will work on a team that owns monitor & control and technical recovery for our entire lineup of channel services from acquisition thru downlink.
Duties and Responsibilities (ability to perform Specialist functions and including):
- You will provide on-site technical next level support for DIRECTV on-air services. Maintain and continuously improve the support experience through scripting, automation, and tooling opportunities.
- Installing new equipment, including ability to follow wiring diagrams and working with engineers to test and integrate new systems.
- Configure and diagnose a variety of television broadcast, transport, and transmission equipment
- Help lead Lifecycle Management activities in production environment.
- Perform complex root cause analysis and driving resolution including next step action plan.
- Summarize, document and present technical information in both verbal and written form.
- Help lead/manage a shift by assigning shift tasks to personnel, ensuring all daily shift tasks are completed by team and personnel schedule management. Including organize/join troubleshooting bridges, chatrooms and send leadership escalations/notifications.
As the successful candidate, you will need to possess several of the following job qualifications:
- Monitoring and Detection – Continuous improvement of event detection and alerting capabilities and auto-remediation. Partner with cross functional teams to drive strategic change and improve our data tools, and other visual aids for a better monitoring experience.
- Database Management - Maintains and supports service database, MOP documentation and signal diagrams to ensure our data is always updated and accurate.
- Video/Audio Acquisition - Capable of complex configuration of our signal acquisition equipment including E2E testing. Create and execute automated test plans/strategies utilizing business requirements and collaborate with engineers/architects to validate test environments, test data and test results, design and implement code fixes, validate outcomes against expected results and produce associated reporting.
- Video/Audio Transport and Compression - Thorough understanding of Video/Audio Compression techniques and standards and perform tier 2 support of services including Incident response, root cause analysis, and problem management across a diverse set of technologies.
- Ground Satellite Communication (RF) - Advance support in tandem with our RF Support team for our Uplink and Downlink RF components.
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Engineering, IT Engineering, Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working within a video acquisitions environment
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working within a broadcast operations environment
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working within a Satellite RF Uplink facility
- All candidates must be able to lift 30 to 40 pounds
- Be able to cover any shift spanning the 24/7 environment, including weekends, holidays, and overtime
- All candidates must possess a valid ID and successfully pass a drug test and background check
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
Job Posting: Nov 19, 2021, 4:56:07 PM
Job Level: Associate/First Level Manager