Specialist Technical Services ManagementTech Project/Program Management Job ID: 2225247 Los Angeles, California Apply Now
DIRECTV is changing the way the world experiences entertainment. We’re delivering cutting edge products and services that redefine the future. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we’re revolutionizing the way our customers access content anytime, anywhere. With premier video services like DIRECTV, our industry leading team, is at the forefront of making it all happen. Together, we’re creating the best entertainment and communications experience in the world.
DIRECTV is looking for a talented, highly motivated, self-driven individual with technical experience in advertising to join our service operations team as a Specialist. You will work on a team that owns monitor & control and technical recovery for all our advertising platforms ( DTV, Uverse, Streaming).
Duties and Responsibilities (ability to perform Specialist functions and including):
- You will provide on-site technical next level support for DIRECTV advertising across Satellite delivery, IPTV and Streaming. Maintain and continuously improve the support experience through scripting, automation, and tooling opportunities.
- System administration of various advertising platforms and sub-components.
- Configure and diagnose a variety of SCTE triggers across transport, and transmission equipment.
- Perform complex root cause analysis and driving resolution including next step action plan.
- Summarize, document and present technical information in both verbal and written form.
- Help lead/manage a shift by assigning shift tasks to personnel, ensuring all daily shift tasks are completed by team and personnel schedule management. Including organize/join troubleshooting bridges, chatrooms and send leadership escalations/notifications.
As the successful candidate, you will need to possess several of the following job qualifications:
- Monitoring and Detection – Continuous improvement of event detection and alerting capabilities and auto-remediation. Partner with cross functional teams to drive strategic change and improve our data tools, and other visual aids for a better monitoring experience. Experience with Splunk, Grafana and similar tools are highly desired.
- Database Management - Maintains and supports service database, MOP documentation and diagrams to ensure our data is always updated and accurate.
- Video/Advertising subsystems - Thorough understanding of video advertising system across both traditional video services as well as streaming platforms.
- System Administration– Experience with Linux administration and have understanding of : Analyze log data, shell scripting, web services and high availability systems. Experience working with HLS Manifest, pushing configuration updates through both Manual/Ansible, API calls via Postman, reading XML/JSON/YAML files.
- Administrative Support – Provide administrative support of services including Incident response, root cause analysis, and problem management across a diverse set of technologies all while utilize ServiceNow/Jira.
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Engineering, IT Engineering, Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working within technical advertising environment
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working within system administration
- Be able to cover any shift spanning the 24/7 environment, including weekends, holidays, overtime and on-call rotation.
- All candidates must possess a valid ID and successfully pass a drug test and background check
COVID Statement -This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click herefor additional information.
Our Specialist Technology Services Management can earn between $57,800 to $115,700 a year. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job Posting: May 10, 2022, 2:26:15 PM
Job Level: Associate/First Level Manager