Specialist-Tech Service MgmtTechnology Job ID: 2153754 Los Angeles, California Apply Now
DIRECTV - Technical Operations – Specialist Technical Services Management
DIRECTV is changing the way the world experiences entertainment. We’re delivering cutting edge products and services that redefine the future. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we’re revolutionizing the way our customers access content anytime, anywhere. With premier video services like DIRECTV, our industry leading team, is at the forefront of making it all happen. Together, we’re creating the best entertainment and communications experience in the world.
DIRECTV is looking for a talented, highly motivated, self-driven individual with technical experience in large-scale video distribution to join our service operations team as a Specialist. You will work on a team that owns monitor & control and technical recovery for our entire lineup of channel services from acquisition thru downlink.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent, high quality digital television signal transports and satellite transmissions.
- You will provide on-site technical support for DIRECTV. You will develop strong working relationships with Content Team, Engineering and other stakeholders to ensure a high level of quality is maintained and continuously improve the customer experience.
- Leveraging broadcast and utility tools for service restoral.
- Installation, diagnosis and maintenance of critical on-air video, audio, RF, baseband, signal processing, transport, and transmission equipment.
- Incident, Change and participate in Lifecycle Management.
- Summarize, document and present technical information in both verbal and written form.
As the successful candidate, you will need to possess several of the following job qualifications:
- Monitoring and Detection - Support to the on‐air operations environment with Monitor and Control (M&C) to restore functionality with all aspects of the broadcast. Maintain and continuously improve the support experience through scripting, automation, and tooling opportunities.
- Video/Audio Acquisition – ability to analyze baseband & fiber sources including executing source captures.
- Video/Audio Transport and Compression - Basic knowledge of Video/Audio Compression techniques and standards including video encoding, multiplexing equipment, and virtualization technologies.
- Ground Satellite Communication (RF) - Experience and demonstrated knowledge on the operation of Antenna Control Units (ACU’s) and associated test equipment. Troubleshooting and restoral ability with Uplink and Downlink RF components.
- Associates degree in Broadcast Engineering, IT Engineering, Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working within a video acquisitions environment
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working within a broadcast operations environment
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working within a Satellite RF Uplink facility
- All candidates must be able to lift 30 to 40 pounds
- Be able to cover any shift spanning the 24/7 environment, including weekends, holidays and overtime
- All candidates must possess a valid ID and successfully pass a drug test and background check
Job Posting: Sep 20, 2021, 1:48:53 PM
Job Level: Associate/First Level Manager