Warehouse AssistantTechnician Job ID: R230447 La Vergne, Tennessee JOIN THE PARTY
When you join DIRECTV, you’ll be a part of a team that’s supporting our customers from the front lines. Whether it’s connecting them to the latest technology or getting them plugged into our world-class services, your work will create connections and support our mission of taking entertainment to the next level. It’s an opportunity to showcase your customer experience expertise and represent our company as the face of our brand. So, if you’re up for delivering the future, we’re up for providing you with a bundle of opportunities for success.
You’ll gain an amazing benefits package with medical/dental coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and paid time off. Rounding out these benefits and perks, employees can choose one of the services below at a free or discounted rate:
- Free DIRECTV Premier Package with free installation (this includes free HBO Max, Cinemax, Showtime & Starz)
- Free STREAM Ultimate Package (this includes HBO Max, Epix, & Starz)
- 25% off AT&T Cell Phone Service
As a Warehouse Assistant, you’ll receive, stock, pull, distribute, ship and track materials, tools, and equipment. You’ll perform order fulfillment processes on multiple programs, sort and place materials on racks, shelves or in bins, maintain accurate inventory records, operate power-driven material handling equipment and perform other generally associated functions. You may also handle projects as assigned.
What You'll Do:
- Wear appropriate safety equipment and follow established safety practices and procedures
- Receive and verify accuracy of incoming shipments
- Sort and place materials on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code. Marks materials with identifying information
- Pull and distribute materials, tools, or other stock items in order to fill technician requests
- Prepare merchandise for shipment as required
- Move and lift materials, supplies, related stock and equipment weighing up to a maximum of 75 pounds
- Maintain accurate inventory records through the use of a computerized inventory system
- Complete requisition forms to order additional equipment and supplies
- Sort all waste including trash, recycling, cardboard and electronics as required
- Work on a job where a high degree of accuracy is required
- Work independently with little supervision.
- Drive a company vehicle and load company trucks with tools and equipment, drive to other company garages and storerooms and refill installation, repair and line trucks with stock supplies
- Receive returned goods from the field, appraise them and determine if they should be returned to the supplier or put back in stock
- Collect and sort packages, records and supplies.
- Prepare merchandise for shipment as required
- Operate power-driven material handling equipment
- Handle a variety of clerical and record-keeping duties
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Specific assignments may involve driving a company vehicle. At a minimum, you’ll need to be 18 years old with an acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license
- The ability to drive a vehicle with manual transmission, depending on job assignment
- Satisfactory results from a security investigation, as required, unless previously met
- The ability to work varied hours. May be required to work day, evening, or night shifts; overtime, call-outs, weekends and holidays as required. On-call availability may be required. Out-of-town assignments may be required which may include travel and overnight stay
- The ability to work outside in all kinds of weather and in an environment that is not heated or air conditioned
The base wage range for this full-time position is $17.25-$19.52 per hour + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Our wage ranges are determined by role and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum hourly wage for the position. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific wage range for your location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in job postings reflect the base hourly rate of pay only, and do not include bonus (if applicable), or benefits - when you consider all of these together, it represents a pretty impressive total compensation package.
You’ll also need to meet our physical requirements:
- You’ll need to complete a normal authorized medical evaluation for this job, unless previously met
- A Physical Abilities Evaluation (PAE) will be required. Lifting will be required, up to 75 pounds, depending on assignment
- To meet manufacturer's safety requirements on equipment used, your body weight plus tools and material must not exceed 325 pounds
- Must be able to perform work involving a lot of kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling or other uncomfortable positions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
At DIRECTV, meeting our customers’ needs plays an important role in our success – but your ability to provide them with best-in-class service is even more critical. We’re offering an opportunity to work at the frontlines of our company, connecting customers in your community with the best in tech and entertainment. Whether it’s upgrading services or installing our products, your impacts will be felt by customers far and wide. There’s no better time to join our team. So, what do you say? Are you ready to deliver the future of entertainment?
DIRECTV will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, & local laws