VOD Processing - Senior Software EngineerTechnology Job ID: 2163758 El Segundo, California, United States Apply Now
We're looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who is excited to build cutting-edge scalable, cloud solutions for our video streaming platform that delivers over 100,000 on-demand titles to our DirecTV customers.
As a member of the team, you'll be responsible to help design, develop, and support the software for our cloud-based video content management and processing systems. Your experience will help us streamline and scale our content delivery systems that serve video-on-demand entertainment to set-top boxes, TVs, mobiles, and other streaming devices across the country. You'll work closely with our Discovery, Metadata, and other key engineering teams across the DirecTV platform. If you're passionate about developing world-class cloud solutions at scale and creating efficient and high-quality software solutions to serve customer needs, this is a great role for you.
What You'll Do:
- Build resilient and scalable microservices/applications for video package orchestration and processing.
- Collaborate with Architects, Product Owners, and your fellow team members to design and architect robust solutions to fulfill business goals.
- Have end-to-end ownership of your services, from ideation to production deployment and performance monitoring
- Develop and automate unit tests, code analyzers, security scans, software deployments, automated tests, and reports for your services.
- Enforce quality standards through peer code review and automated testing.
- Host demo presentations of POCs and development progress to peers and management.
- Stay current with industry trends, technologies, and standards.
- Get kudos for a job well done!
- At least 3-5 years of experience working with micro services and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- At least 5+ years of experience working with databases (SQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- At least 3-5 years of work experience working on cloud based serverless technologies.
- At least 3-5 years of experience with Java, GoLang or other object-oriented language.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization in English.
- Solid understanding of software configuration management.
- Thorough knowledge of software release principles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership, facilitation, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work across functional lines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, everchanging environment.
- Possess an “everything has a solution” mentality and fearless “go-getter” attitude.
- Understanding of communication protocols (HTTPS, SOAP, REST, etc.).
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Shell, Perl, etc.) would be a plus.
- Familiar with using Jenkins, Spinnaker, or other CI orchestration software.
- Comfortable working in Linux environments on premise and in the cloud.
- Solid understanding of the technical practices, architectures, and cultural norms that underpin DevOps success.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing services (AWS) and some experience writing automation for cloud platforms.
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2021, 5:20:08 PM
Other Locations: United States
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager