VOD Processing - Senior Software EngineerTechnology Job ID: 2163757 El Segundo, California, United States Apply Now
Don’t just imagine the future – come create it with DIRECTV. Our Technology team is at the forefront of innovation, driving the creation of cutting-edge technologies and creating entertainment experiences that captivate millions. With our rich history and well-respected name, you’ll join forces with a company that is dedicated to investing in the future with people who are ready to make the impossible possible. So, if you’re ready to join a team that’s delivering entertainment at the next level, we’re ready for you to lead the way!
Here's what you’ll do:
- Design, develop and deliver resilient and scalable microservice architectures for video package orchestration and processing
- Lead your team as a senior developer and mentor your fellow team members, upholding quality standards through peer code review and automated testing
- Collaborate with architects, product owners and other engineering teams to design and architect robust end-to-end solutions
- Own your services end-to-end, from ideation to production deployment and performance monitoring
- Communicate technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences as the face of your team for engineering leadership meetings
- Keep up-to-date with industry technology and be passionate about high-quality software engineering
- Host demo presentations of POCs and development progress to peers and management
Here’s what you’ll need:
- At least 3-5 years of experience working with micro services and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- At least 5+ years of experience working with databases (SQL, NoSQL, etc.) and cloud based serverless technologies
- At least 10 years of experience with Java, GoLang or other object-oriented language
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Shell, Perl, etc.)
- Solid understanding of cloud computing services (AWS) and some experience writing automation for cloud platforms
- Solid understanding of software configuration management
- Thorough knowledge of software release principles
- Understanding of communication protocols (HTTPS, SOAP, REST, etc.)
Do you have what it takes?
- You’re able to work remotely and can operate autonomously in a rapidly changing, deadline driven environment
- You have strong leadership, facilitation, interpersonal skills and the ability to work across functional lines.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You possess an “everything has a solution” mentality and a fearless “go-getter” attitude
- You can communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
More about us? We develop world-class cloud solutions.
Our team designs and delivers our cloud-based video content management and processing systems. Your experience will help us streamline and scale our content delivery systems that serve video-on-demand entertainment to set-top boxes, TVs, mobiles, and other streaming devices across the country. You'll work closely with our Discovery, Metadata, and other key engineering teams across the DIRECTV platform. If you're passionate about designing and developing world-class cloud solutions at scale and creating efficient and high-quality software solutions to serve customer needs, this is a great role for you.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
Job Posting: Nov 22, 2021, 3:59:31 PM
Other Locations: United States
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager