Video Software EngineerTechnology Job ID: 2145303 El Segundo, California Apply Now
DIRECTV is looking for a forward-thinking, innovative, and talented developer to join the Video Systems Engineering team in our El Segundo, CA offices. This position will work in an agile organization, developing and supporting the video platforms used to power DIRECTV. This platform includes many teams supporting the services, data processing, video processing, and advertising flows that make television work. The candidate will be working on a high-visibility, fast paced team to work with other cross-functional business teams to implement high quality solutions and deliver value to our customers.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Develop software and systems to meet security, performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability requirements.
- Design software with operability, unit testing and integration testing in mind.
- Be familiar with software development methodologies e.g., Agile and test-driven development.
- Be familiar with technologies related to cloud-based infrastructure (e.g., AWS, docker, Kubernetes)
- Develop and implement test plans for approving vendor products.
- Maintain and support applications in dev-ops model and help troubleshoot end-to-end workflow.
- Participate in design discussions about new features and approaches to implementing new services with focus on automation and reliability.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to analyze, develop, and implement end-to-end solutions.
- Analyze performance metrics to find trends and come up with recommendations.
- Clearly and concisely present results and recommendations to technical as well as business-oriented audiences.
- BSc in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
Experience with the following technologies is also desirable in the successful candidate:
- Open-source video encoding and packaging tools (ffmpeg, Shaka, Bento4)
- Streaming video technologies (HLS, DASH, CMAF)
- Video compression technologies (MPEG, VP9, AV1)
- TCP/UDP networking
Other tools (wireshark, tcpdump, Charles Proxy, Apple’s Stream Media Validator)
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2021, 4:28:49 PM
Job Level: Associate/First Level Manager