Technical Associate DirectorTechnology Job ID: 2174095 El Segundo, California Apply Now
The DIRECTV Streaming Operations Team is looking for a technical leader to supervise and manage the work activities for an application support team responsible for legacy applications that power the DIRECTV Everywhere product and DIRECTV VOD.
- Supervise and develop direct reports, comprising of Level 1 & Level 2 FTEs. Conduct joint goal setting and performance reviews, as well as assist with work scheduling, hiring, advancement and some long-range planning for the team. Supervise non payroll workers supporting the legacy team.
- Provide strategic leadership and prioritization for team and partner with tech lead to influence technical direction while contributing towards continuous improvement of team’s internal functions.
- Manage team’s day to day work, facilitate and lead Agile ceremonies (such as daily standup, demos, work estimations, retrospectives, iteration planning) and coordinate activities like change support, special events support etc.
- Coordinate& lead production readiness activities for high visibility broadcast events and manage complex cross-domain migration and decommissioning initiatives throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Help to develop documentation and knowledge base for legacy systems to foster expanded troubleshooting capabilities across the engineering and operations organizations.
- Champion ideas for increased automation for the legacy systems, including detection and remediation to reduce incident detection, investigation, and resolution time and help execute in expedited timeframe.
- Collaborate with operations, product, and development teams to drive constant improvement in reliability, operability, and performance of DIRECTV Video platforms.
- Education: Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering related field.
- Experience: 10-12 years in IT field is required. 2+ years in Operations field is preferred. Prior supervisory experience and DIRECTV Legacy video systems knowledge a plus.
- Tools: Experience with Grafana, Raptor, Prometheus, New Relic, Splunk, Moogsoft, Service Now, JIRA/Confluence, Ansible, Stackstorm, Kubernetes, AWS, Linux.
- Familiarity with Project Mgmt, Incident, Problem Management, Lean, Agile, Scrum preferred.
- Ability to independently handle multiple priorities and thrive in fast-pace environment.
- Excellent awareness of different cultures and working practices and proven experience working in diverse and geographically dispersed teams.
- Self-motivated, highly analytical, critical thinker with excellent communication and presentation skills.
Job Posting: Jan 11, 2022, 3:00:49 PM
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager