Sr. Lead, Marketing ResearchCorporate Job ID: R220956 El Segundo, California Virtual, Texas JOIN THE PARTY
DIRECTV is seeking a Sr. Lead, Marketing Research Manager to join our Research team at DIRECTV, which conducts market research, explores consumer insights, and tracks competitive pricing, features, and positioning. This strategic leader will focus on competitive intelligence for business development and new strategic initiatives. In this supervisory role, the Sr. Lead will drive a culture based on teamwork, collaboration with accountability, and intellectual curiosity to lead and manage a team of primary researchers. Additional key responsibilities of this role include:
- Strategy, development of, and execution of competitive intelligence collection and synthesis related to the video landscape and adjacent markets.
- Managing, planning, and executing company competitive intelligence analysis and translating findings into implications/recommendations.
- Distill research and data/analytic findings and explain the strategic and/ or business implications of this information.
- Serving as internal subject matter expert in specific areas of competitive intelligence and maintain awareness of industry trends and developments.
- Developing reports and presentations for senior management.
- Partnering with colleagues to execute primary research studies as needed to deliver on stakeholder needs.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in competitive intelligence, analysis, consulting or strategy required
- Consulting experience before or after business school highly preferred
- Background must include competitive intelligence, financial analysis, or analytical research with experience gathering data, structuring/solving problems, drawing conclusions and formulating recommendations
- Strong problem-solving and analytic skills
- Highly effective communications skills (written and verbal); ability to articulate not just the conclusions of the data but what it means
- Ability to execute multiple parallel assignments in a high-quality manner while hitting deadlines
- Strong work ethic with a passion for information, high quality work product, and attention to detail
- Utilize creative techniques to gather information, and synthesize it into conclusions, implications, and recommendations
- Proactive, with a strong sense of ownership and passion for driving to results is essential
- Experience in or a working knowledge of media, entertainment and/or consumer products/services is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required
Still considering a future with us? At DIRECTV, we’re connecting the world with the coolest tech and entertainment. Our people are empowered and thrive in a culture of learning, diversity, and collaboration. Our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our innovation is driven by an inclusive and collaborative environment where your voice is heard, and opportunities are limitless. Go ahead – apply so you too can join the #WeAreDIRECTV movement.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
A career with DIRECTV comes with big rewards:
This position can earn between $116,375 - $211,255, not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
Apply today!Remote: True