Sr. Director of Competitive IntelligenceCorporate Job ID: R2230899 El Segundo, California Virtual, Texas JOIN THE PARTY
At DIRECTV were connecting the world with the coolest tech and entertainment. Our people are empowered and thrive in a culture of learning, diversity and collaboration. Our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our innovation is driven by an inclusive and collaborative environment where your voice is heard, and opportunities are limitless. Ready to explore our opportunities?
DIRECTV is seeking a Senior Director to lead our Competitive Intelligence Team. The Competitive Intelligence Team is part of the broader Research Department at DIRECTV, which conducts market research, explores consumer insights and tracks competitive pricing, features and positioning. This Senior Director will oversee our competitive intelligence function.
What you’ll do:
- Strategy, development of, and execution of all competitive intelligence collection and synthesis related to the video landscape.
- Managing, planning, and executing company competitive intelligence analysis and translating findings into implications/recommendations.
- Managing team of full-time employees and contractors.
- Establishing and monitoring ongoing projects and methodological approach, structure, and techniques to ensure quality and consistent analysis.
- Serving as internal subject matter expert in specific areas of competitive intelligence and maintain awareness of industry trends and developments.
- Developing reports and presentations for senior management.
- Managing supplier relationships.
- The successful candidate will use creative techniques to gather information, and synthesize it into conclusions, implications and recommendations.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in competitive intelligence, analysis, consulting or strategy required.
- Bachelors/Undergraduate Degree required; MBA preferred.
- Background must include analytical research and/or competitive intelligence with experience gathering data, structuring/solving problems, drawing conclusions and formulating recommendations.
- Strong problem-solving and analytic skills.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal). Candidate should be able to articulate not just the conclusions of the data but what it means.
- Commitment to high quality work product and attention to detail.
- Ability to execute multiple parallel assignments in a high-quality manner while hitting deadlines.
- Strong work ethic with a passion for information and attention to detail.
- We are looking for proactive candidates. A strong sense of ownership and passion for driving to results is essential.
- Experience in or a working knowledge of media, entertainment and/or consumer products/services is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required.
A career with DIRECTV comes with big rewards:
Our Senior Director to lead our Competitive Intelligence Team can earn between $127,965 - $232,415, not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
A career with DIRECTV means you’ll play a leading role in building the future of tech and entertainment. It’s an opportunity to join us from the start, as we embark on our new journey to take entertainment to the next level. Don’t get us wrong, we know it’s a big job – but it comes with even bigger rewards. Networking, training, and the support and resources you need to build a career that is sure to take center stage. So, what do you say? Ready. Set. Action.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
DIRECTV will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.Remote: True