Sr. Dir, Marketing ResearchCorporate Job ID: R220914 El Segundo, California Virtual, Texas JOIN THE PARTY
DIRECTV is seeking a Sr. Director of Marketing Research to join the Research Department at DIRECTV, which conducts market research, explores consumer insights, and tracks competitive intelligence. This strategic leader will possess deep knowledge of DIRECTV’s businesses, video competitive landscape, and emerging trends. In this supervisory role, the Sr. Director will drive a culture based on teamwork, collaboration with accountability, and intellectual curiosity to lead and manage a team of primary researchers. Additional key responsibilities of this role include:
- Manage collection, storage, and application of market research to align with business strategy and objectives.
- Interface with multiple teams across DIRECTV to understand insights and data on priority topics (e.g., viewership analytics, customer value analysis) for inclusion in synthesis initiatives.
- Lead efforts to craft storylines based on insights and recommendations, build compelling presentations, and socialize findings to senior leaders.
- Partner cross-functionally to translate consumer and competitive insights into practical marketing and execution plans.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelors/Undergraduate Degree required; MBA preferred
- 10 years of experience working in market research or consumer insights
- Strong set of research skills and first-hand experience applying cutting edge qualitative and quantitative techniques to a variety of marketing issues
- Strong analytic and fact-based decision-making skills
- Innate curiosity and ability to connect insights and gain inspiration from disparate sources
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative working style and strong listening skills, with ability to incorporate multiple viewpoints into discussions and decision making
- Client service orientation: Ability to establish rapport, credibility and positive working relationship with all stakeholders including suppliers and internal clients at all organizational levels
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve stakeholder problems/issues/concerns
- Resilient and flexible to changing timelines, requests, and deliverables
Still considering a future with us? At DIRECTV, we’re connecting the world with the coolest tech and entertainment. Our people are empowered and thrive in a culture of learning, diversity, and collaboration. Our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our innovation is driven by an inclusive and collaborative environment where your voice is heard, and opportunities are limitless. Go ahead – apply so you too can join the #WeAreDIRECTV movement.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
A career with DIRECTV comes with big rewards:
This position can earn between $127,965 - $232,415, not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
Apply today!Remote: True