Specialist-Software EngineerTechnology Job ID: 2156618 El Segundo, California, United States Apply Now
DIRECTV is the world's leading provider of digital television entertainment services. We provide digital television service to 20.11 million customers in the United States & 16.32 million customers in Latin America. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passion for entertainment and technology to transform our company and your career.
At a high level you can think of us as the glue for the non-production environments. We are a team of Jacks of All Trades that plug holes in the system to keep things moving. At this point we serve as Tier 1 and 2 support for the non-production environments, triaging, identifying the root cause, troubleshooting and fixing incidents so that teams have an environment to validate the code prior to production deployments. We help integrate systems to ensure that they are connected properly and monitor the non-production environment to proactively catch problems before they impact the development teams. We also support an internal test automation tool by researching solutions, compiling requirements, implementing and supporting CICD for its build and deployment, creating automated unit and functional tests and coding some bug fixes and enhancements. We use current technologies like Kubernetes and cloud computing like AWS. Think of us as having one foot in the project management world and the other foot in the hands-on technical world so plan to be versatile. Lastly, we automate and script whatever we can to make everything we do more efficient.
• Monitor, triage and troubleshoot application and environment issues primarily in non-production environments
• Resolve configuration, process and environment issues through investigations ranging from seeking information from subject matter experts to use of tools (monitoring, mobile client, REST client, etc.) to sifting through error logs
• Tenaciously seek and document root cause and remediation steps to avoid issue recurrence
• Support an internal test automation tool by compiling requirements, implementing and supporting CICD for its build and deployment, creating automated unit and functional tests and coding some bug fixes and enhancements
• Drive both technical and process cross-functional initiatives proactively and independently
• Support the software deployment process
• Assist in the development and implementation of monitoring capabilities for greater environment visibility
• Develop scripts to automate day to day tasks, remediation items and validation of various aspects of the environment
Qualifications - External
• 1+ years’ experience in the areas of systems engineering, integration, test automation and test validation
• Experience working with Unix (Linux), J2EE, NodeJS, Python, databases (SQL/NoSQL), web applications, SOA/web services, scripting and mobile platforms.
• Strong preference for some technical lead and/or project management experience.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills.
• Able to work on multiple tasks at once and able to work independently while maintaining professionalism under pressure.
• Working knowledge of technical principles and ability to learn DIRECTV technologies.
• Preferred Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience
• Passionate about doing work accurately and comprehensively
• Excellent interpersonal skills to join a cohesive and supportive team
• Familiarity with the Agile Methodology
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
Job Posting: Nov 19, 2021, 4:36:07 PM
Other Locations: United States
Job Level: Associate/First Level Manager