Specialist – Application Production SupportTechnology Job ID: 2202329 El Segundo, California, Texas-Irving Apply Now
Specialist – Application Production Support
At DIRECTV our amazing people, combined with a culture that thrives on collaboration and creativity, are the foundation that create a great place to work. We empower our people to push the limits of what’s possible, driving groundbreaking innovation every day. We’re redefining the future of entertainment and we’re ready for you to play a big part in that future too!
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with a passion for continuous improvement and systems engineering to take on the role of a Application Support Engineer with our 24/7 operations team. The role is best suited for those with a passion for troubleshooting and data analysis and a good understanding of application/database interfaces, event-based monitoring and some experience with scripting and software design. This position is fully remote and favors those who can demonstrate their ability to work autonomously.
If you like the idea of contributing to increasing systems availability and reducing system downtime for our customers, driving reliability of our products and services across the organization and making a real-time impact for millions of our customers, this role may be a perfect fit for you.
What You Will Do @ DIRECTV Video & Technology Streaming Operations:
• Be a member of the 24X7 team that is responsible for production support of all streaming products on the Open Video platform (currently: DIRECTV STREAM, DIRECTV Everywhere, and NFL Sunday Ticket)
• Investigate & troubleshoot production issues, including deviations in KPIs on Headend and clients. utilize information in tools to further isolate the source of errors and effectively direct troubleshooting efforts.
• Utilize multiple tools to monitor the health of each platform and, when incidents are detected, take action to mitigate through first touch resolution or escalating to respective service owners.
• Take ownership of Incident & problem management for the platforms/products, including communications, documentation and bridge facilitation with the goal to minimize customer impact
• Maintain high accuracy of incident data in tools
• Analyze risk and assign appropriate impact based severity to incidents
• Identify alerting & monitoring gaps and assist responsible teams to close gaps by taking action and/or through feedback loop
• Identify opportunities for automated remediation of common platform issues and assist in development of remediation scripts when possible
• Develop documentation and knowledge base for OpenVideo systems to foster expanded troubleshooting capabilities across the engineering and operations organizations
• Develop and deliver training and share knowledge to help increase the skill level of the team
• Work with development and operations teams to drive constant improvement in reliability, operability, performance
Top 5 Skills:
- Experience with troubleshooting and systems analysis
- Experience with scripting languages such as SQL, python, and UNIX shell scripts
- Experience with event-based monitoring and navigation of tools to analyze and identify faults on all OTT streaming platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to make decisions and work under high stress situations
- Associate or BS Degree in Computer Science (CS) or related discipline
- 1-2 yrs experience with scripting languages such as python and UNIX shell scripts
- Experience with navigation of monitoring tools and dashboards, including ServiceNow, Moogsoft, Grafana, New Relic, Moogsoft, Splunk, Elk, Ineoquest, Harmonic VOS to analyze and identify faults on all OTT streaming platforms
- Familiarity with OTT streaming products and systems
- Understanding of network concepts and implementations
- Understanding of software development principals
- Understanding of cloud concepts and implementations
- Familiar with Agile software development practices
- Attention to detail and completing work with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and succeed in high pressure situations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive, flexible, innovative
- Passionate and empathetic about DIRECTV customers
- Possess an “everything has a solution” mentality and fearless ‘go-getter’ attitude
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
Job Posting: Jan 5, 2022, 4:19:52 PM
Other Locations: Texas-Irving
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager