Senior-System EngineerEngineering Job ID: 2227076 El Segundo, California Apply Now
At DIRECTV, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
DIRECTV STREAM Systems Engineer
We're launching a technology experience at DIRECTV that will blow your mind! This shouldn't come as a surprise – we're known for delivering some of the best tech and entertainment. We're embarking on a new journey – fingers crossed you're along for the ride. We've launched as a brand-new company and are introducing the world to some of the best-in-class television and video streaming products. With your innovative spirit and our proven track record for success, we won't just create an industry-leading streaming platform – we'll deliver the world's best entertainment experience to millions.
Here's what you'll do:
- As a systems engineer, you will tackle challenging & unexplored situations every day by solving technical issuesfor our customers to help deliver the best streaming experience in the industry.
- Work with Product, Scrum, and Operations teams to drive constant improvement across the DIRECTV STREAM platform.
- Along the way, you'll learn a lot and will positively impact millions of people.
Here's what you'll need:
- Ability to take the initiative, troubleshoot, and work with a problem-solving approach.
- Experience contributing to new and current systems' architecture and design (e.g., reliability and scaling).
- Software development experience and knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems. Our core development is in Java, Go, and Python.
- Experience developing, maintaining, and running production software.
- An understanding of microservice architecture and cloud platforms like AWS
Do you have what it takes?
- You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in firsthand impacting DIRECTV's global customer base.
- You like to solve exciting technology problems.
- You enjoy collaborating in a diverse team environment.
- You are a passionate learner and motivated to take on new challenges.
- You're able to work remotely and can operate autonomously in a rapidly changing, deadline-driven environment.
- You have a passion for software and systems and an end-to-end ownership mindset.
- You are proactive and have problem-solving abilities with a deep desire to improve, innovate, challenge, and drive change.
- You have strong interpersonal skills.
More about us? We thrive on innovation.
Our Operations Organization is a highly collaborative group of professionals that supports internal software and systems. One of our primary objectives is to make sure DIRECTV STREAM is up and running 24/7. We provide monitoring, observability, and auto-remediation for our platform and work with cloud platforms, modern programming languages, and open-source contributions across various frameworks and technologies. When you join our team, you'll personally make impactful decisions on supporting, monitoring, and improving our products and services across the organization. We're a team that isn't just imagining the future – we're creating it. And you'll be backed by the support of a company that continually encourages you to make the impossible possible as you take the future of entertainment to the next level.
COVID Statement -This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click herefor additional information.
Our Senior - Systems Engineer can earn between $115,600 to $231,100 depending on experience and geographic location. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
Remote Location: No
- This is a flex position. The work location is in El Segundo, CA. You will be expected to attend meetings in person when needed.
Invitation to apply
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job Posting: Jun 7, 2022, 5:40:01 PM
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager Remote: no