Senior Specialist-Software EngineerEngineering Job ID: 2216414 El Segundo, California Apply Now
Don’t just imagine the future – come create it with DIRECTV. Our Technology team is at the forefront of innovation, driving the creation of cutting-edge technologies and creating entertainment experiences that captivate millions. With our rich history and well-respected name, you’ll join forces with a company that is dedicated to investing in the future with people who are ready to make the impossible possible. So, if you’re ready to join a team that’s delivering entertainment at the next level, we’re ready for you to lead the way!
Here's what you’ll do:
- Develop and deliver resilient and scalable microservice architectures for video package orchestration and processing.
- Own your services end-to-end, from ideation to production deployment and performance monitoring
- Communicate technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences as the face of your team for engineering leadership meetings
- Keep up-to-date with industry technology and be passionate about high-quality software engineering
- Host demo presentations of POCs and development progress to peers and management
- Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience with Java, GoLang or other object-oriented language.
- 2+ years of work experience working on cloud based serverless technologies.(AWS preferred)
- 2+ years of experience working with micro services and container technologies.
- 2+ years of experience working with databases (SQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization in English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, and the ability to work across functional lines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, everchanging environment.
- Possess an “everything has a solution” mentality and fearless “go-getter” attitude.
Do you have what it takes?
- You’re able to work remotely and can operate autonomously in a rapidly changing, deadline driven environment
- You have strong leadership, facilitation, interpersonal skills and the ability to work across functional lines.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You possess an “everything has a solution” mentality and a fearless “go-getter” attitude
- You can communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
More about us? We develop world-class cloud solutions.
Our team designs and delivers our cloud-based video content management and processing systems. Your experience will help us streamline and scale our content delivery systems that serve video-on-demand entertainment to set-top boxes, TVs, mobiles, and other streaming devices across the country. You'll work closely with our Discovery, Metadata, and other key engineering teams across the DIRECTV platform. If you're passionate about designing and developing world-class cloud solutions at scale and creating efficient and high-quality software solutions to serve customer needs, this is a great role for you.
This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here for additional information.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
Job Posting: May 6, 2022, 4:39:45 PM
Job Level: Associate/First Level Manager