Senior-Software EngineerEngineering Job ID: 2223320 El Segundo, California, Colorado-Denver, Washington-BOTHELL, Texas-Dallas Apply Now
At DIRECTV, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
- This career step requires senior level experience. Responsible for the overall delivery process of a software application or service, including design, development, testing, deployment, production application support (e.g., troubleshooting) and maintenance with a focus on automation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate to gather and review software requirements/user stories, provide estimates, create software design specifications and collaborate with engineers/architects to assess and test hardware and software interactions.
- Execute a specific development methodology through application of various programming languages.
- Create and execute automated test plans/strategies utilizing business requirements and collaborate with engineers/architects, clients, etc. to validate test environments, test data and test results, design and implement code fixes, validate outcomes against expected results and produce associated reporting.
- In addition to Unit Test, responsibilities may include dynamic application security testing, interface testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing and/or user acceptance testing.
- Supports applications and solves configuration and environment issues.
- Supports the software deployment process.
Job Contribution: Senior level technical expertise. Deep technical knowledge and subject matter expert on DTV technologies.
Education: Preferred Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience.
Experience: Typically requires 5-8 years experience. Technical Career Pathway (TCP) role.
Remote: Yes. Open to anywhere in the United States.
- Agile Development
- Application Design, Architecture
- Application Development Tools
- Design Thinking
- Emerging Technologies
- Information Security Management
- Requirements Analysis
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Software QA & Testing Tools
COVID Statement -This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click herefor additional information.
Our Senior Software Engineer can earn between $115,600 to $231,100 depending on experience and location. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job Posting: Jun 6, 2022, 4:42:31 PM
Other Locations: Colorado-Denver, Washington-BOTHELL, Texas-Dallas
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager Remote: Yes