Senior-Business ManagementCorporate Job ID: 2165275 El Segundo, California, Colorado, Georgia, Texas Apply Now
At DIRECTV our amazing people, combined with a culture that thrives on collaboration and creativity, are the foundation that create a great place to work. We empower our people to push the limits of what’s possible, driving groundbreaking innovation each and every day. We’re redefining the future of entertainment and we’re ready for you to play a big part in that future too.
This is a work from home position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #virtualwork #virtualjob
Overall Purpose: This career step requires senior level experience. Responsible for implementing, improving, supporting and leading the processes, strategies, and tools for the assigned business or functional area. Provide input and expertise for key technical functions by utilizing knowledge of the business, industry and technology.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate full accountability for success of projects by identifying input required from cross-functional areas and proactively managing action items, issues and deliverables. Drive progress.
- Manage 2-4 small to large scale projects simultaneously (in various stages of implementation). Consistently deliver results.
- Lead project teams by coordinating with Sales, Marketing, IT, Customer Service, Home Services, Supply Chain, Legal, etc. as well as third party partners.
- Document current and to-be business processes, provide recommendations for enhancements and implement changes.
- Gather and document detailed business requirements and develop process flows.
- Provide ordering system release support and manage through the IT process.
- Confirm technical requirements drafted by IT and participate in systems discussions.
- Must be able to assess the project, decisions and processes in terms of the big picture/cross-departmental impacts as well as fully understand the details.
- Develop and maintain standard project documentation including business rules/requirements, action items, agendas, minutes and project plans.
- Identify potential problems and formulate solutions that achieve business needs.
- Evaluate decisions and processes to ensure they are in the best interest of customers and company goals; escalate as needed.
- Perform and coordinate user acceptance testing with internal business and Telco partners; report all issues to IT and ensure appropriate resolution.
- Prepare launch go/no go checklists and create contingency plans.
- Provide project updates to management that include progress, risks, issues and mitigation recommendations.
Define, design and implement processes into the organization and facilitate change through consulting and collaboration. Must have a thorough knowledge of the organization (processes, procedures, tools, applications, systems, etc.) coupled with a strong business background in order to fully support the organization. Typically provides support in one or more of the following areas: Internal Processes including creation and management of policies/standards/processes, process improvement and transformation, tool deployment, and Agile methodology; Analysis/Reporting including metrics, scorecards, performance analysis and gap identification; Planning including infrastructure program coordination, roadmap management, strategic and tactical planning; Resource Management including Front Door, workflow and work entry management, project estimations; Communication including creation of leadership presentation material, event planning, and oversight of corporate wide projects such as training, and Quality Management including oversight of complete lifecycle of IT troubles and defects, problem resolution activities and all recovery activities. May work across multiple internal and/or external organizations.
Job Contribution: Senior level technical expertise. Deep technical knowledge and subject matter expert on DIRECTV technologies.
Education: Bachelors of Science in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science or Engineering preferred; or Business Analyst nanodegree.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years relevant experience (large-scale, multi-disciplinary Project Management, Business Analysis, Sales Operations, etc.) required.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, including a qualitative and quantitative skill set.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues and design appropriate solutions.
- Leadership qualities, including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills and ability to influence others.
- Ability to synthesize information and develop creative solutions to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrated success managing teams; work effectively with business and technical managers.
- Ability to manage heavy work load, accommodate change and adapt accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results.
- Experience with public speaking and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in standard MS Office applications.
- Occasional travel required.
- Experience delivering results in a fast moving, challenging environment
Our Senior-Business Management’s earn between $77,100-$154,200. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
Ready to apply?
Job Posting: Nov 19, 2021, 3:26:46 PM
Other Locations: Colorado, Georgia, Texas
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager