Senior-Applications DeveloperSystems & Solutions Architect Job ID: 2225219 El Segundo, California Apply Now
At DIRECTV, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
Here’s what you’ll do:
As part of a team dedicated to DIRECTV’s streaming applications, you'll have a direct impact on the consumer entertainment streaming experience. We provide solutions for content protection (DRM), advertisements, and real-time analytics of the video playback experience. Our apps interact with many different external systems to provide a consistent playback experience across multiple devices and applications.
This position is targeted for a senior React Native web application developer. There is opportunity to work on multiple platforms. You'll be working with the best and brightest minds at DIRECTV, building the next video platform that will power the DIRECTV STREAM player for years to come. Combine your development skills with the latest technologies and come work as a software engineer on the Client Application team here at DIRECTV.
Here’s what you’ll need (Required):
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related Field
- 4+ years Web Application Development
- 8+ years Development Experience
- Core CS Skills and understanding of control flow
- Good understanding of async/await/promises
- iOS development – Objective C/Swift
- Android Development – Java for mobile development specifically
- AWS Experience for Cloudfront, S3, following best practices for Progressive Web App content-serving infrastructure
Do you have what it takes?
- The ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
- Strong teamwork skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here for additional information.
This position can earn between $105,000 - $210,100, not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off, to discounts on products and services, just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here!
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job Posting: Jun 20, 2022, 7:52:07 PM
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager Remote: Yes