Professional-System EngineerEngineering Job ID: 2222461 El Segundo, California Apply Now
The DIRECTV Streaming Operations Team is looking for a systems engineer to join our team and manage the work activities for a high performing group of application support and systems engineers. Responsible for translating business needs into technical solutions, and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology. Coordinates design and integration of total system including subsystems. Researches and recommends technology to improve the current systems.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Function as scrum master for the metadata and onboarding team for DIRECT STREAM applications. Provide team leadership, technical guidance and prioritization for teams building operational tools and performing various critical operational functions like provider integrations and onboarding, incident triage and resolution & channel launching.
- Collaborate with operations, content, product, and development teams to drive continuous improvements in reliability, operability, and performance of DIRECTV Video platforms, utilizing knowledge of business, industry, and technology.
- Champion ideas for increased automation in detection, triage, and remediation to reduce incident MTTR and MTTD, as well as drive maturity of various operational functions.
- Coordinate complex, enterprise-wide project activities. In addition, may be responsible for the coordination, evaluation, and partnership with technology vendors, outside consultants and internal dotted line staff as needed.
- Interface with leadership and stakeholders for status reporting, demos, metrics & incident reviews, and other necessary presentations.
- DIRECTV is a 24x7 service and may require occasional overnight work or maintenance window activity for sensitive system changes
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or engineering related field
- 3-5 years related technical experience
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and Agile, with experience as Scrum Master or Product owner preferred.
- Experience with troubleshooting systems, data analysis and scripting languages
- Excellent written/verbal communication, problem‐solving and analytical abilities required.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Applicant should be able to work on multiple projects at the same time and be able to handle the pressures of meeting deadlines in a very short window.
Nice to have:
- Software development life-cycle, Lean Six Sigma, Technical Project MGMT, Incident MGMT, Problem MGMT experience a plus.
- Familiarity with OTT streaming products / apps, content providers, microservices, database and cloud architecture a plus.
This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here for additional information.
Job Posting: May 25, 2022, 5:17:17 PM
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager