Principal-Software EngineerEngineering Job ID: 2231177 El Segundo, California Apply Now
At DIRECTV, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
Position: Principal Systems Analyst that will be responsible for efficient and effective application solutions through the analysis of current business process and systems in our Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure. In this role you will provide both technical and collaboration leadership with multiple stakeholders. You will be responsible for providing technical standards, guidance and coaching to teams working to deliver strategic technology goals. As a hands-on Technical Leader, you will architect and implement high-quality Hybrid Cloud Solutions that are secure, easy to operate and maintain, and decrease our support.
- Contribute to the implementation of DIRECTV Digital Video IT Org’s cloud strategy for migration to AWS and Azure
- Able to leverage business requirements and subject matter expertise to create technical designs, testing strategies and test plans, and implementation strategies.
- Collect requirement specifications and analyze business process, and map process flow to determine the exact nature of users system requirements.
- Create processing steps and design new services / applications in accordance with project requirements.
- Able to articulate complex ideas and designs to Business Analysts, Project leads, Developers and Vendors on portfolio wide projects.
- Work closely with IT professionals throughout the implementation and testing phases, to set up test environments and test data for a timely and exhaustive project testing.
- Assist development to debug or eliminate errors from the system.
- Prepare specifications, flow charts, and process diagrams for development to follow.
- Develop and maintain systems documentation such as design specifications, user manuals, technical manuals, description of application operations, and methodology documentations.
- Participate in technical collaboration meetings and provide project management team with periodical reviews on implementation status.
- Responds to trouble tickets and provides day-to-day support. Leads to resolution issues or requests that require the technical troubleshooting of the supported application or systematic analysis of application data.
- Communicates with management and users on all projects, support, or analysis tasks
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, foreign equivalent, or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience in Azure / AWS.
- Strong Experience with building Cloud Native Applications on Azure Stack/AWS.
- Windows/Linux/UNIX fundamentals including TCP/IP networking
- Public Cloud technologies (Azure/AWS) including security, compliance, and automation
- Experience designing HTTP+JSON APIs
- Experience with monitoring or observability tools, System performance tuning and optimization
- Hands-on experience with DevOps/CICD tools such as, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Network architecture experience with IP networking, VPN, DNS, Load Balancing, DHCP, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP
- Understanding of database Technologies (Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB)
- Experience with one or more Programming and scripting languages (Java, Python, C#, PowerShell, Bash)
- Strong understanding of microservices and container technologies (Docker), and Container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, Fargate)
- Basic knowledge of firewall and other security components is necessary
Education: Preferred Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience.
Experience: Typically requires 8-10 years experience. Technical Career Pathway (TCP) role.
Remote: Yes. This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States
COVID Statement -This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click herefor additional information.
- Our Principal Software Engineer can earn between $127,100 - $254,300, depending on experience and geographic location. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job Code - 49094306
Job Posting: Jun 21, 2022, 2:05:30 PM
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager Remote: Yes