Principal-Advanced AnalyticsData Analytics Job ID: 2228849 El Segundo, California Apply Now
At DIRECTV, we’re investing in the future – (hint) that means you. We’ve relaunched as a new company and we’re offering you the opportunity to get in on the ground floor. It’s truly an all-access pass to a career full of one opportunity after the next to do incredible things. With your innovative spirit and go-getter mindset, you’ll be ready to hit the ground running from the start. After all, we’re not just talking about the future – we’re creating it together and having fun doing
Do you have a passion for using sophisticated statistical analysis to understand what drives customer sentiment? The Principal – Advanced Analytics will use expert skills in reporting and complex analytics to explore and identify influences on behavior. You’ll have the opportunity to bring together a variety of internal and external data sources and apply intelligent data science to solve business problems and improve the customer experience.
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated individual with strong quantitative aptitude, a deep knowledge of analytics and the satellite industry, hands-on data science experience and exceptional strategic thinking to join our organization.
This is a work from home position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #virtualwork #virtualjob
Here's what you'll do:
- Gather, analyze, and interpret a wide variety of data to identify causal relationships and trigger points that influence customer behavior.
- Create, monitor, and explain critical business health metrics by collecting data from various systems and exploring and synthesizing that data into valuable insights.
- Tell the story using data behind our most critical customer experiences by:
- Combining multiple data sets, determining the best approach and variables.
- Drilling to the root cause through analysis and business knowledge.
- Creating and delivering high quality, professional presentations to leadership.
- Developing reports, charts, dashboards, and other visual aids in support of findings.
- Advising business partners with regards to patterns and relationships in data to recommend business direction or projected outcomes.
Here's what you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field
- 5-10 years of experience in analyzing equipment and customer related data
- Ability to effectively communicate with upper management regarding analyses and recommended courses of action
- Proficient in analyzing trends over time and interpreting results
- Knowledgeable of DBS Systems, including broadcast and STB technologies
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills
- Proficient in Excel/PowerPivot, PowerBI, Python, Databricks, and other data manipulation/modelling tools
- Proficient with Statical Process Control tools and techniques/applications for major releases, both business and infrastructure related
- Ability to effectively work with technical and business-oriented teams
- Knowledge of NPS and survey data sets a plus
This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here for additional information.
Our Principal Advanced Analytics earn between $115,600-$231,100 depending on experience and geographic location. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
Remote; Yes. Can work from anywhere in the United States.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job Posting: Jun 10, 2022, 4:28:06 PM
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager Remote: Yes