Manager FinanceCorporate Job ID: R230215 El Segundo, California Virtual, Texas JOIN THE PARTY
DIRECTV is seeking a Finance Manager responsible for financial oversight and governance of the DIRECTV Project Capital investment portfolio. In this role, you will perform annual planning, budgeting/forecasting, monthly Accounting/Finance close, portfolio analysis, and reporting to support ongoing portfolio/project budget investment decisions. The Finance Manager monitors and evaluates budget progress to ensure alignment with Financial and Operational targets and evaluates portfolio and project financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results versus plans and forecasts. In addition, you will work with Finance, Accounting, and Product stakeholders to ensure accurate financial reporting.
Here's what you’ll do:
- Determine financial consequences of alternative portfolio investments, plans and strategies.
- Report on financial performance and supports recurring leadership budget reviews.
- Evaluate and make recommendations relating to capital budgets, business opportunities, and capital investments.
- Gather, interpret, and evaluate financial information. Analyze results, trends, and outlook to reduce financial risk.
- Develop recommendations to achieve DIRECTV’s financial objectives.
- Manage development/execution of complex data modeling and financial analysis.
- Determine financial consequences of alternative methods, plans, and strategies.
- Compare anticipated versus actual results and provide variance analysis/recommendations for improvement.
- Manage annual/3-year financial budget process.
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Typically requires 5 - 7 years of experience.
- Support complex and manual multi-system data extracts, analysis, and reconciliation utilizing advanced Excel functions (Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.) and other financial analysis tools.
- Experience with enterprise financial management applications.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work occasional extended hours during financial close periods as business requires.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to respond to requests with accuracy and completeness in short timeframes.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
A career with us comes with big rewards:
DIRECTV's compensation structure is designed to be market-competitive and fully supports efforts to attract and retain employees. It is the company's policy to offer pay that is competitive with other employers in the local market. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
The Base Salary range displayed below reflects the minimum and maximum target salary for each of DIRECTV's 4 (four) US Labor Market Zones. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
DIRECTV WAGE ZONES: $87,400 - $158,700
Low (N1): $87,400 - $131,100
Mid (N2): $92,000 - $138,000
High (N3): $101,200 - $151,800
Top (N4): $105,800 - $158,700
Click HERE to review information on some of the largest Designated Market Areas (DMAs). Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the salary ranges reflect base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits - when you consider all of these together, it represents a pretty impressive total compensation package.