DevOps Release EngineerTechnology Job ID: 2145717 El Segundo, California Apply Now
Dev Ops Release Engineer
At DIRECTV, we’re launching a technology experience that will blow your mind! This shouldn’t come as a surprise – we’re known for delivering some of the best tech and entertainment around. Now, we’re embarking on a new journey – fingers crossed you’re along for the ride. We’ve launched as a brand-new company and are introducing the world to some of the best-in-class television and video streaming products. With your innovative spirit and our proven track record for success, we won’t just create an industry-leading streaming platform – we’ll deliver the world’s best entertainment experience to millions.
Do you have what it takes?
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are a good leader with strong facilitation and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work across functional lines
- You can communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- You succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with a “everything has a solution” mindset and a fearless “go-getter” attitude
- You can wear many hats and juggle many balls simultaneously
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, and support software for our automation framework
- Create automation pipelines to deliver software to public/private clouds and physical computing devices (STBs, TVs, mobile, and streaming devices)
- Invent new ways to improve software delivery speed and efficiency
- Develop logistical software systems to promote microservices/applications to prod and non-prod environments
- Enforce quality standards through automation, drive change and implement automation and develop standards for software development/delivery
- Create modules to integrate unit tests, code analyzers, security scans, software deployments, automated tests and reports with the automation pipelines
- Evaluate new technologies, develop POCs and present findings to the engineering organization
- Host demo presentations of POCs and development progress
- Stay relevant with industry trends, technologies, and standards
Here’s what you’ll need:
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- At least 3+ years of experience developing with Java, Go, Groovy, C++ or other object-oriented language
- Solid understanding of software configuration management, technical practices, architectures and cultural norms that underpin DevOps success
- Thorough knowledge of software release principles
- An understanding of cloud computing services (AWS, Azure) and experience writing automation for cloud platforms
- A comfort with provisioning and administering Linux environments
- An understanding of communication protocols (HTTPS, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with:
- Scripting languages (Python, Shell, Perl, etc.), working with Jenkins, Spinnaker, or other CICD orchestration software
- Distributed version control systems and knowledge of branching/merging strategies
- Micro services and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
About our team? We’re about you!
As a member of our team, you will design and develop world-class automation delivery frameworks with best of breed technologies. The framework and tools will be used by hundreds of engineers and will deliver software products used by millions of customers. In short, we’ll look to you to play a critical role in improving our software development lifecycle and help streamline product delivery to our customers.
Still not convinced? Meet a member of the team!
- Luciano Carvalho de Oliveira is a Senior Software Engineer. He’s current having fun with DevOps, CI/CD and is being challenged every sprint to improve the productivity of our development teams while creating new tools and automation.
He says, “At DIRECTV we have a great feedback driven culture that is focused on freedom & responsibility and values transparency and communication across the board. All of this makes the feedback loop and interactions between the teams a lot easier and effective.”
Job Posting: Aug 5, 2021, 6:30:40 AM
Job Level: Associate/First Level Manager