2024 DIRECTV Finance InternshipCollege Internships Job ID: R220873 El Segundo, California Virtual, California JOIN THE PARTY
DIRECTV is changing the way the world experiences entertainment. We’re delivering cutting edge products and services that redefine the future. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we’re revolutionizing the way our customers access content anytime, anywhere. With premier video services like DIRECTV, our industry leading team, is at the forefront of making it all happen. Together, we’re creating the best entertainment and communications experience in the world.
Dive into the Finance world as a summer of 2024 intern! The work our team does directly impacts DIRECTV’s financial performance from systems implementation, risk assessment and audit planning, to name a few.
Depending on your interests and area of study, you’ll get the chance to work with one of our teams (Sourcing Centers of Excellence, Revenue Accounting, Audit and Finance Operations) on projects that help drive the future of DIRECTV. Wherever you may land, you will get the chance to put your education and skills to the test and see real world effects!
In this role, you may work on:
- Business analyst and contributor for upcoming financial system implementation
- User acceptance testing, training documentation, audit requirements
- Assessing design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Facilitate user access reviews, operational audits
- Revenue accounting automation by documenting, running, and improving process controls and data analytics for monthly reporting
- Ad Hoc analytics and projects
- Systems implementation preparation
- Source to pay system implementation
- Business case creation/development; KPI Development
Majors/Concentrations we’re looking for:
- Data Analytics
- Supply Chain/Procurement
- Information Systems
Skills and Experience:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel required)
- Data Automation (Altreyx, Power BI); Data Analytics/Business Analytics
- Financial Systems (Oracle)
- Project Management
- Source to pay systems implementation
- Knowledge of information systems and IT security basics including network and system administration, familiarity with audit methodologies is a plus
- Understanding of key corporate financial measures of success
- Demonstrated success in a virtual environment collaborating cross functionally
- Strong and confident communication skills
- Critical/strategic thinker and problem solver with a strong attention to detail
- Self-starter and not afraid to ask the important questions
- Organized and can effectively prioritize across teams
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
10 week internship program. 6/3/24 - 8/9/24 or 6/17/23 - 8/23/24.
Position requires full US work authorization now and in the future.
This position can earn $19 per hour, not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers.
Apply today!Remote: True