Director Vendor & Risk ManagementCorporate Job ID: 2230396 Denver, Colorado Apply Now
At DIRECTV, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
The Vendor and Risk Mgmt.. Director works in the Supply Chain under the Procurement organization developing Vendor and Risk Management Programs and ensuring DIRECTV is efficiently sourcing products and materials, onboarding suppliers, supporting development of vendor strategy, and managing performance of strategic vendors.
DIRECTV Procurement organization is seeking a very experienced professional with proven experience in developing new Vendor and Risk Management Programs, including Supplier Diversity and ESG Programs. This role will provide support to DIRECTV Business Units on their strategic vendor decisions, including ongoing assessments and continuous improvement of vendor performance.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning, developing, communicating, implementing, and assessing vendor risk management activities and program
- Work on due diligence, risk assessment and vendor monitoring
- Implement a vendor risk assessment tool to be integrated with Source-to-Pay
- Support Source-to-Pay tool development and analytical design
- Develop and manage a Vendor Management Program for Direct and Indirect material and services
- Work closely with Business Units on vendor performance analysis and evaluation
- Support Business Units by providing analysis, tools, recommendations, business insights based on data assessment to determine strategic approach with vendors
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal teams
- Assist with the creation of internal tracking tools and processes for enhanced oversight of the vendor's activity
- Support monthly and quarterly operating business review (QBR) meetings with vendors and internal teams focused on vendor performance and continuous improvement based on clear and specific action items
- Develop processes, best practices, operating practices, and strategies that help to ensure company success and short to long-term outcomes while delivering on business operations needs
- Develop a should-be cost/ cleansheeting strategy and process to support Sourcing team with should-be cost analysis for material and services
- Support professional services vendor management platform
- Develop and maintain process flows
- Develop and manage Vendor Management Programs, including Supplier Diversity and ESG Programs
- Hire, develop and lead a team
- BS Degree in business or related field required.
- 10+ years of related Procurement, Sourcing and/or Vendor & Risk Management experience
- Experience of not only having managed but also developed Vendor & Risk Management Programs is a must
- Must have experience working with Source-to-Pay platforms
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated project management and facilitation skills; highly organized; attention to detail; strong critical thinking; problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills required to work both internally and externally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Visio
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing a substantial workload in a fast-paced environment.
Our Director Vendor & Risk Management can earn between $95,500 - $190,000. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job Posting: Jun 21, 2022, 7:29:51 PM
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager Remote: Yes