Professional-Tech Vendor MgmtVideo Operations Job ID: 2215780 Bloomington, Minnesota, Illinois-Chicago, Wisconsin-Madison, Indiana-Indianapolis Apply Now
At DIRECTV, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
Location: US Job Midwest (MI, IL, IN, WI, MN)
Job Contribution: Intermediate level technical professional. Subject matter technical knowledge within a discipline and sound understanding of DIRECTV technologies and services.
Frequent travel (60%-75%) by automobile, air or other public transportation to vendor and customer locations across a wide geography.
Overall Purpose: Oversees vendor relationship and performance.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for vendor relationship management and operational support of DIRECTV products and services.
- Understands terms of vendor agreements and service level management, quality assurance, audit, and compliance management.
- Monitors, tracks, and analyzes performance of vendor across assigned territory. May conduct, review, or participate in inspections at multiple vendor and customer locations for compliance with quality standards, operational performance, and contract terms.
- Uses influence, sharing of best practice, industry knowledge, expertise and knowledge of DIRECTV products and services to achieve customer experience targets, operational performance, and overall quality of service commitments.
- Advocates for the customer in all matters; may investigate and provide support for resolution of escalated issues.
- Ensures the direction and operational efficiency of each location is in alignment with DIRECTV policies and practices.
- Is aware of and seeks to mitigate joint employment concerns with vendor.
- Supports the vendor on DIRECTV products and services and the introduction of new projects and initiatives affecting the field.
- Leads vendor network emergency response planning and coordinates activities in the event of disaster.
- Facilitates vendor access manaegement, connectivity, on-boarding, off-boarding, service escalations, business continuity, disaster recovery, transition management analysis and support, executive coordination and communications, data management and analysis, reporting and metrics, etc.
- Provides cross functional support as needed when representing the field and vendor perspectives and interests on project teams, new initiatives, and support for other departments.
- Uses technical and operational expertise to provide cross functional support for internal business partners and to ensure vendor needs are communicated.
- Acts with integrity, trust, and professionalism in all customer, vendor and co-worker interactions.
- Education: College degree, Bachelor of Science preferred
- Field operation experience with a strong technical background and knowledge of satellite communication, CATV and/or broadband services (industry, technology, processes, procedures, tools, applications, systems, etc.)
- Knowledge of technical providers (such as technology companies, service providers, contractor suppliers, outsourcing, etc.)
- Typically requires 3-5 years of experience. Vendor Management, Project Management background with vendor management, contract management, compliance, service level management, etc.
- Our Professional - Technology Vendor Managment can earn between $70,100 - $116,800. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here
Job Posting: May 17, 2022, 4:10:49 PM
Other Locations: Illinois-Chicago, Wisconsin-Madison, Indiana-Indianapolis
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager Remote: no