Installation TechnicianTechnician Job ID: 2223860 Bismarck, North Dakota Apply Now
When you join DIRECTV, you’ll be a part of a team that’s supporting our customers from the front lines. Whether it’s connecting them to the latest technology or getting them plugged into our world-class services, your work will create connections and support our mission of taking entertainment to the next level. It’s an opportunity to showcase your customer experience expertise and represent our company as the face of our brand. So, if you’re up for delivering the future, we’re up for providing you with a bundle of opportunities for success.
This position comes with competitive compensation up to $21.43 per hour to new hire employees! You’ll also gain an amazing benefits package with medical/dental coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and paid time off. Rounding out these benefits and perks, employees can choose the services below at a free or discounted rate:
- Free DIRECTV Premier Package with free installation (this includes free HBO Max, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, & NFL Sunday Ticket Max)
- FREE DIRECTV STREAM Premier Package (HBO Max, Cinemax, SHOWTIME, STARZ, EPIX, Movies Extra Pack, NBA League Pass, and unlimited cloud DVR).
- 25% off AT&T Cell Phone Service
As an Installation Technician, you’ll work inside or out to install and repair equipment as you take the lead on providing our voice, data and video services. You’ll need to be able to work independently, but most importantly, you’ll need to have excellent customer service skills as you’ll educate customers on the features and functionality of our services. We’ll look to you to promote DIRECTV as a premier service provider while you provide best-in-class customer service during installations.
What you’ll do:
- Install Network Interface Device (NID) and rearrange inside wire
- Place and replace Customer Premise Equipment (CPE)
- Place cross-connects as appropriate between SAC point and the 7330 or its equivalent
- Verify all services are working and demonstrate, sell and bill telephone service while engaging with customers
- Perform the maintenance of the CPE equipment, wiring & jacks inside the customer’s premise up to and including the NID
- Use simple meters to perform Go, NO-Go type testing
- Perform work in buildings, attics, basements, and crawl spaces that involves bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, etc.
- Use a company PC to retrieve and complete orders
- Work outside in all types of weather while using and/or wearing appropriate safety equipment and following established safety practices and procedures
- Drive a company vehicle and/or report directly to work location
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Specific assignments may involve driving a company vehicle. At a minimum, you’ll need to be18 years old with an acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license
- The ability to drive a vehicle with manual transmission, depending on job assignment
- A satisfactory attendance record and performance ratings in present job
- Satisfactory results from a security investigation, as required, unless previously met
- The ability to work varied hours. May be required to work day, evening, or night shifts; overtime, call-outs, weekends and holidays as required. On-call availability may be required. Out-of-town assignments may be required which may include travel and overnight stay
- You’ll need to pass all necessary assessments
You’ll also need to meet our physical requirements:
- You’ll need to complete a normal authorized medical evaluation for this job, unless previously met
- Must be able to wear body belt and pouch with tools weighing about 15 pounds and use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, drills and wrenches
- A Physical Abilities Evaluation (PAE) will be required. Lifting will be required, up to 80 pounds, depending on assignment
- To meet manufacturer's safety requirements on equipment used, your body weight plus tools and material must not exceed 300 pounds for assignments involving ladder climbing
- Must be able to distinguish colors in accordance with specific job requirements, climb ladders up to 28 feet and work aloft with hand tools
- Must have the ability to climb poles and ladders
At DIRECTV, meeting our customers’ needs plays an important role in our success – but your ability to provide them with best-in-class service is even more critical. We’re offering an opportunity to work at the frontlines of our company, connecting customers in your community with the best in tech and entertainment. Whether it’s upgrading services or installing our products, your impacts will be felt by customers far and wide. There’s no better time to join our team. So, what do you say? Are you ready to deliver the future of entertainment?
DIRECTV will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, & local laws
Job Posting: May 12, 2022, 4:30:33 PM
Job Level: Hourly Occupational