Principal-Tech Proj/Prog MgmtCorporate Job ID: 2215206 Atlanta, Georgia, New Jersey-BEDMINSTER, California-El Segundo, Texas-Houston, Illinois-Chicago, Texas-Dallas Apply Now
Principle Technical Project/Program Manager
Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of highly visible, strategic technical programs that can be 1-3 years in duration.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Program Manager leads matrix based, cross functional teams to achieve the program objectives. Takes technical and/or strategic programs from original concept through final implementation. Defines program scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, issues log, identifies program jeopardies and provides regular status reports. Conducts program meetings and is responsible for program tracking and analysis. Provides technical and analytical guidance to program team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Takes lead for team to own all program dashboarding and data analytics of program metrics. Provides regular communications and updates to executives.
Job Contribution: Expert level technical professional. Contributes through own development of advanced technologies/concepts. Serves as a role model and mentor.
- KNOWLEDGE. Applies knowledge and broad understanding of multiple disciplines and integrates knowledge to lead team of experts in each discipline (e.g., IT, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering). Must have ability and desire to come up to speed quickly on new technology or processes needed to lead programs.
- ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING Leads the solution of complex, critical problems related to significant and unique issues. Uses extensive research and interpretative thinking. Utilizes innovative methods in developing solutions. Works on abstract problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables. Collaborates with team of experts to finalize solution. Takes leadership role in program metrics and dashboards. DMAIC methodology required.
- INDEPENDENCE Guided by functional goals/objectives. May influence organization goals/objectives. Applies discretion to develop innovative solutions to problems without precedent.
- CONTRIBUTION TO DIRECTV TECHNOLOGY Lead contributor on critical programs/technology initiatives. Develops enterprise-wide integrated solutions. Contributes to complex and innovative business solutions to achieve strategic objectives.
- COMMUNICATION Provides technical expertise to peers across the company. Actively promotes good working relationships. Develops mutually beneficial strategic alliances with customers. Interfaces with DIRECTV leaders to provide status updates and/or technical solutions.
Required Qualifications -
- Expert Program and Project Manager
- Excellent communicator
- Expert problem solver
- Excellent collaborator
- Ability to quickly learn DIRECTV technology, business functions (e.g., Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering, Real Estate, Video Engineering, IT, Content, Sales, Service, etc.) and processes
- Excellent user of PowerPoint and ability to develop well-defined executive read-outs
Desired Qualifications -
- 5-8 years of program management experience
- Technical degree
- PMP highly desired
- Knowledgeable user of the following tools: Microsoft Project, Word, Excel; SmartSheet.
- DMAIC methodology knowledge and use
- Eagerness and passion to make a difference
This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here for additional information.
Job Posting: Jun 22, 2022, 7:36:23 PM
Other Locations: New Jersey-BEDMINSTER, California-El Segundo, Texas-Houston, Illinois-Chicago, Texas-Dallas
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager Remote: Yes