Principal-Solution ArchitectEngineering Job ID: 2230922 Atlanta, Georgia, California-El Segundo Apply Now
DIRECTV, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
Overall Purpose: Defines Technical Solution and ensures alignment; Provides technical leadership for the evolving architectural capabilities of the entire solution. Works closely with the Enterprise Architects and System Engineers to ensure that individual program and product strategies align with business and technical objectives. Facilitates important design decisions for development teams
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive technical thought leadership- Identify industry and technology adoption patterns, define resolution, and determine how to scale across our customer portfolio
- Specifies the components and their interactions that comprise the End-to-End Integrated Architecture including
- Simplify complex technical concepts for common understanding across key stakeholders including technical and business decision-makers.
- Demonstrate impactful communications to bridge perspectives, synthesize opinions, and credibly drive consensus for technology direction.
- Lead technical discovery workshops that capture industry challenges and align them with DirecTV’s strategy.
- Facilitate reuse of technical designs by contributing, collaborating, and sharing durable solutions architectures, reference models, data migration best practices, and approaches that can be used across changes in industry and technology
- Identify interfaces and collaborations between them, define higher-level functional Nonfunctional Requirements NFRs
- Defines a shared technical and architectural vision focused on creating technical alignment for the full Solution rather than concerns for specific components
- Establish incremental implementation strategy and technical foundation for the architectural runway; Abstraction and generalization to preserve architectural flexibility
- Influence common modeling, design, and coding practices.
Job Contribution: Expert-Level technical expertise.
- 8+ years of experience with Solution/Enterprise Architecture
- Deep technical knowledge and subject matter expert in Mobile Web Applications, Microservices, Data Warehouse, and Analytics
- Experience in the Media industry and Supply chain management
- Experience developing or designing PCI-compliant application architecture
- Experience with Salesforce, One Trust, MuleSoft, Genesys
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; or equivalent experience.
Technical Career Pathway (TCP) role. Supervisory: No
COVID Statement -This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click herefor additional information.
- Our Principal Solutions Architect can earn between $127,100 - $254,300 depending on experience and geographic location. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
- This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job Posting: Jun 20, 2022, 5:35:31 PM
Other Locations: California-El Segundo
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager Remote: Yes