Installation TechnicianTechnician Job ID: 2229541 Amarillo, Texas Apply Now
When you join DIRECTV, you’ll be a part of a team that’s supporting our customers from the front lines. Whether it’s connecting them to the latest technology or getting them plugged into our world-class services, your work will create connections and support our mission of taking entertainment to the next level. It’s an opportunity to showcase your customer experience expertise and represent our company as the face of our brand. So, if you’re up for delivering the future, we’re up for providing you with a bundle of opportunities for success.
This position comes with competitive compensation up to $23.75 per hour to new hire employees! You’ll also gain an amazing benefits package with medical/dental coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and paid time off. Rounding out these benefits and perks, employees can choose one of the services below at a free or discounted rate:
- Free DIRECTV Premier Package with free installation (this includes free HBO Max, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, & NFL Sunday Ticket Max)
- Free DIRECTV STREAM Premier Package (this includes HBO Max, Epix, Starz NBA League Pass,) and unlimited cloud DVR
- 25% off AT&T Cell Phone Service
As an Installation Technician, you’ll work inside or out to install and repair equipment as you take the lead on providing our voice, data and video services. You’ll need to be able to work independently, but most importantly, you’ll need to have excellent customer service skills as you’ll educate customers on the features and functionality of our services. We’ll look to you to promote DIRECTV as a premier service provider while you provide best-in-class customer service during installations.
What you’ll do:
- Install Network Interface Device (NID) and rearrange inside wire
- Place and replace Customer Premise Equipment (CPE)
- Place cross-connects as appropriate between SAC point and the 7330 or its equivalent
- Verify all services are working and demonstrate, sell and bill telephone service while engaging with customers
- Perform the maintenance of the CPE equipment, wiring & jacks inside the customer’s premise up to and including the NID
- Use simple meters to perform Go, NO-Go type testing
- Perform work in buildings, attics, basements, and crawl spaces that involves bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, etc.
- Use a company PC to retrieve and complete orders
- Work outside in all types of weather while using and/or wearing appropriate safety equipment and following established safety practices and procedures
- Drive a company vehicle and/or report directly to work location
Here's what you'll need:
- A valid state driver's license, commercial license, or chauffeur’s license, whichever is applicable, appropriate to weight and size of vehicle driven, dependent on state and federal licensing requirements.
- Complete a satisfactory driving record check.
- Must be willing to work day, evening or night tours; overtime, emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required.
- May require travel for out-of-area work which may include overnight travel.
- May require drug testing as mandated by state and federal requirements.
- May require a security check.
- May require ability to drive vehicle with manual gear shift.
- May require working outside in all kinds of weather.
- May require working in an environment that is not heated or air conditioned.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
You will also need to meet our Physical Requirements:
- Complete a satisfactory Physical Abilities Evaluation (PAE) – Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- May require a maximum candidate weight limit of 325 pounds dressed in working clothes.
- Must be able to perform work involving a lot of kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling or other uncomfortable positions.
At DIRECTV, meeting our customers’ needs plays an important role in our success – but your ability to provide them with best-in-class service is even more critical. We’re offering an opportunity to work at the frontlines of our company, connecting customers in your community with the best in tech and entertainment. Whether it’s upgrading services or installing our products, your impacts will be felt by customers far and wide. There’s no better time to join our team. So, what do you say? Are you ready to deliver the future of entertainment?
DIRECTV will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, & local laws
Job Posting: Jun 20, 2022, 8:00:41 PM
Job Level: Hourly Occupational Remote: no